Wednesday, October 13, 2010

"It Will Get Better"

I got on Facebook today to check up on the latest gossip as I do every day, only to find this incredible video that one of my professors from Southwestern College had posted.  Coming from a small town school with the 'butch' ideals that I am pretty comfortable assuming are similar to Texas, this shocked me.  Having a little brother the same age as these boys mentioned in this speech broke my heart.  This action that is spoke of makes me terrified to bring a child into this world.  I cannot understand how, in a world that has come so far to break international barriers and to make such progress in racism and that has a vast majority of the population recognizing themselves as religious or believing in some sort of Supreme Being, this can be tolerated and continued.  What kind of atmosphere are these bullying children being raised in?

Whether a belief is agreed with or not, we do not have the right to judge people for it.  How can the situation possibly be made better by bringing others down or planting the seed of suicide?  

I feel strongly that this video should be shared with everyone.  Email it, tweet it, blog it, facebook it - do whatever, just share it.  At the very least, share it by being an example of this man's words...

http://tv.gawker.com/5663083/this-is-the-most-touching-it-gets-better-video-you-will-ever-see

1 comment:

  1. I have been trying to watch all these videos and I am following this movement. I love what they are doing. I want to support it in every way I can.

    ReplyDelete